So good to meet you. I'M ANNA.
I'm a 24 year old lover of straight blonde coffee, giant puppy dogs, twinkly outdoor lights, piano ballads, belly laughs, wine bars, and life talks. I champion authenticity and search for wonder. I believe that millennials can add value to the world, sit at the same tables as the generations before us, and step up to solve problems in the workplace and in our culture.
With an entrepreneurial spirit, a knack for networking (I can talk to a wall and make it feel valued), and a first-hand understanding that life can be both messy and wonderful, I'm here to cut through the hype and speak truth.
I stay up on trends (I love you, acai bowls)
I don't champion junk (no, I do not want your carb blocker pill)
marketing doesn't fool me (nice try, pretty packaging & altered photos)
research is king (i read testimonials, i believe scientific articles)
Ooh! I'm also fun, I promise.
My communication style
I naturally write and speak conversationally: a lot of heart, a little humor, and information in a way your audience understands.
By request, I'll modify to technical for your science-savvy audience.
I am also well-versed in writing and speaking for low-literacy populations. I will happily adjust my formatting to fit those needs.
Whatever the audience, I aim to leave them informed, engaged, and motivated to pursue true wellness.
my wellness & Nutrition philosophy
This ever-advancing science actually changes lives. I've seen it. I've lived it. I want to share it.
I'm not one to shame. I'm a sucker for a great piece of pizza or a sour gummy worm. We're all people here. We don't need perfection. We need progress. It's not nutrition for the sake of nutrition. It's about eating to fuel a life that stirs up joy, no strings attached.
All foods fit - it's just about when, where, and how much.
Small changes are sustainable changes.
Balance first. Function second. Appearance third.
Trends are optional.
Supplements are supplemental.
I'm still mad that cheese isn't a vegetable.
- Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 graduate of the University of Kentucky
- Full-ride National Merit scholarship recipient
- Registered Dietitian since 2016
- 35 on the ACT
- Experience working with brands, freelancers, and publications
- Hired right out of college as the sole RD of a four million dollar CMS grant for Ventura County
- Former whitewater rafting guide
- Really bad at surfing
- Tendency to say that things are "magical"
- Grew up eating foods like cheese soup, white bread with cream sauce, and corn casserole
- Loyal to solid-colored clothing
- Uncanny ability to sing babies to sleep